Google
 

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Networking Generates NEW Business

Louise writes:

This morning I was asked how I generate new business.

I am often asked this question, and my standard answer is 'networking'.

I may as well have told this person that I sacrifice small children or torture puppies.

Despite our having met through a mutual contact, this person was quick to tell me that networking just didn't work for them.

Judging by their body language as we spoke, I was reminded of a great article by Craig Harrison in the California Job Journal:

Is Networking NOT Working For You? - 9 Mistakes Networkers Make and 26Tips for Networking Success

http://www.craigspeaks.com/networking.htm

Louise Barnes

Louise Barnes Communications - Strategic Communication to Enable Successful Change

louise.barnes@lbc.co.za - Tel: +27 11 482 4354 - M: +27 73 234 4507

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home